Venice is the well-known Italian city to the North. It’s comprised of over 100 islands, ironically in the shape of a fish. With no roads for cars, the city’s main methods of transportation is either on water or foot.
The many canals that snake in and out of this “floating city” make Venice an absolute dream.
While the canals are the main attraction of Venice, there are a number of other things to do! In just two days, we covered the top things to do in Venice:
1. Ride in a gondola (obviously).
2. Get a bird’s eye view from the top of Campanile.
3. Dine al fresco and listen to live, classical music.
4. Check out Ponte Rialto, the oldest bridge spanning the Grand Canal, and souvenir shop in the many stores.
5. Explore Murano and buy handmade glass.
6. Visit the colorful island of Burano.
7. Try on classical Venetian masks.
8. Tour the interior of Basilica di San Marco.
9. Shop local goods & fresh foods at Rialto Mercato.
10. Ride the Water Bus at night and see Venice lit up.