In my book, Cinco de Mayo means spring is here. It’s like the prelude to Memorial Day Weekend. And an excuse to drink copious amounts of tequila on a random Tuesday night.
If you’re anywhere in New York City, then you basically have a margarita at your fingertips around every corner. Actually, you have over 16,000 restaurant options and over 2,600 bar options on any given night. How’s a girl to pick one place out of all these possibilities??
If picking 1 out of 16,000 is too hard, maybe 1 out of 10 will be a little easier. Here’s my 10 best spots in NYC to grab a marg this Cinco de Mayo!
- Salvation Taco. For a midtown spot with authentic margaritas. The ambiance, the décor, the tequila… this is one of my favorite spots in NYC.
- Tequila Park Taqueria. Located in the Hudson Hotel’s park patio. Go for the seclusion and location tucked away from the city noise. They also serve over 40 varieties of world-class tequila and have a “taco shack” for your cravings.
- La Biblioteca. Go for the happy hour! With dim lighting, good music and delicious flavored margs, it’s definitely a 5 o’clock hot spot.
- Agave. If you’re not into the margarita, head to the West Village for Agave’s lengthy tequila cocktail menu.
- Mexicue. Go for a twist on traditional Mexican food and experience the unique combination of Mexican & BBQ. Be sure to try their seasonal marg, it’s pure deliciousness.
- Los Feliz. Go for the downstairs room alone. You’ll feel like you’re in a basement speakeasy, secretly sipping your ginger margarita.
- The Roof. Go for the view. Get the jalapeno margarita if you can handle the spice, or try the Walking Dead.
- Rosa Mexicano. No newbie on the block, Rosa Mexicano has been around for 30 years. Go for the best tasting guilt-free margarita. So when you have four or five, you won’t feel that bad about yourself.
- Fonda. For the hibiscus-flavored margarita. Tastes and smells as good as it sounds.
- Caliente Cab Co. For the strongest margaritas I’ve ever had. Lights out.